Monday, January 12, 2009

got heat?

oh, winter term. jamaica. egypt. argentina. there are two things that all three places have in common: 1) the temperature is above 70 degrees, and 2) im not in any of those places. you see i had my fun sophomore year frolicing around cameroon and decided to save a bit of $$ this year by doing an internship in indianapolis. this unpaid internship will no doubt help my future; however, friday it is forecasted to be -6 degrees when i wake up. not exactly buenos aires id say. this wouldnt be that big of a problem, if the INSIDE of the house im living in were above, say, 60 degrees. it seems my roommates wish to save a bit of money, and one way of doing so is keeping the temperature WAY down low. the first night i was alone so i of course turned up the heat to a more suitable temperature. the next night however, i think i was slightly frostbitten on 90% of my body. see sleeping on a bed of air on the floor in a house that is 64 degrees at night means you're essentially sleeping on 64 degree cold air. yummy. the next day i coughed up $29.99 and bought a heating blanket, which is my new best friend. i take him everywhere with me in the house; let's just hope he can keep me warm thursday night when the temp drops below 0.

i hope that geraldine, bj, and betty are having fun around the world. i expect some pretty great stories and at least SOMEONE to come home with a tan. dont disappoint me ladies.

you know you love me.
xoxo,
bev and her heating blanket ;)

No comments: