Monday, December 15, 2008

Paper Topics

You know what I hate? When you're sitting in class and decided to raise your hand in order to receive participation points, the professor calls on you, you give your little blip and then all of a sudden they look as if you are God's gift to students. And then they say those dreaded eight words, "That would be a great final paper topic!" Now that would be all well and good if you had actually thought about the comment before you said it out loud, because in reality the only reason you said it was because it was the only part of the reading you could remember.

I am sad to say that this happened to me my friends and now I'm stuck. Between a rock and a hard place. Either I suffer through writing a 8-10 page paper on an obscure topic or I let my professor down. Big time. Today I went to meet with said professor, intending to tell him that I was switching paper topics, and explain the limited amount of research I had found on the original topic. Much to my dismay, he began to get extremely excited about what I had found, needless to say I couldn't shatter his dreams by telling him of my intentions to give up.

So here I am. Stuck. How am I supposed to write an 8-10 page paper on a person whose name we don't even know? I have found a solution to this problem: I will never raise my hand in class again.

XOXOXO to all who are under the covers with Roy O on this snowy afternoon.

More to follow later!

BJ

No comments: